Monday, March 9, 2009

the watch

A trip back to my home in Aligarh brought back lots of childhood memories. Memories of running around in the verandah or fixing a swing on a tree, or hiding a puppy outside in the garden from the elders, only to find it missing in 15 mins. Ahh..such childhood memories, time really flies!
Wish i could have enjoyed just a little bit more! But as they say, its never really enough!


Now the garden in the house is missing, replaced by a towering building, no neem tree...and no more swings.
The only chatter that remains in the house are of my two little cousins (who are not so little anymore!)... no more shouts of my dada for his routine food/chai/water etc etc.
I was never really close to my dada, met him occasionally, nevertheless, his loss has been scarier to me than i thought it would have been. His death was inevitable, something that was becoming too obvious, with his falling health et al. But the realisation that the next generation after him would be my parents generation is all the more scarier.
I wish i had the chance to spend more time with him, share more laughs with him.
I don't remember my dadi, she passed away too soon and too fast.
Yes, we got pampered a lot by her, but the memories have faded away..
i read this somewhere... "Someone can walk into your life
and it is not until after they walk out
that you realize that they were even there"

So very true...
Life becomes so..so..empty without their blessings on us.
I got my dada's watch as a memorabilia..to remind me always what i have lost in life and what i still stand to gain, by being with the people close to me...cz one never really knows!

2 comments:

sana said...

how come i dont get anything?? i asked for the radium clock much before you...!

saima said...

its still very much there...but you need to go there personally to collect it..by the way the clocks' stopped working now..